PeopleVine provides you with the means to import data directly into your account. When importing members into the platform, please follow these steps:
- You first need to import your customer list:
- Ensure your spreadsheet is saved as a CSV file.
- Then under the company tools (click on your company name), click Import Data.
- Select that you are importing People / Customers.
- When mapping the data, ensure you map either an email address or mobile number. Skip over the membership related fields.
- While your customers are being imported, you need to set up the membership types in PeopleVine.
- When setting up these membership types, make sure you create a membership sku which you will refer to in your CSV file.
- Keep in mind you can match imported data to the fields on a membership card, so ensure you set those up properly (e.g. Field 1).
- After your customers are imported and the membership types are setup, you can now import your members.
- Go to the company tools and click on Import Data
- Select Members to a Membership from the import type
- Attach the CSV file
- Map the data (ensure that you have mapped a membership_sku along with some identifier of the customer such as email or mobile number; membership status should be set to active, inactive or pending)
- Click Import
If you'd like each new member to receive an e-mail confirmation, we suggest you setup an Instant Notification Template which would automatically send an email or an sms to the member with a link to download their digital membership card. Keep in mind if you don't want them to receive a notification, you must set the notification to draft while importing.