PeopleVine provides free access to an SSL certificate for processing transactions within the platform by following these directions:
- Log in to the PeopleVine Control Panel
- Go to Tools --> Create a Domain Name
- To use an out of the box SSL certificate, register a new domain such as ssl-yourcompany.peoplevine.com or to use a custom SSL certificate enter ssl.yourdomain.com (please note additional fees may apply and you need to e-mail the request to email@example.com).
- Check the box Enable SSL to work from this alias.
- Your domain can now be accessed via https://ssl-yourcompany.peoplevine.com.
Now that an SSL alias is setup, you need to update all references to /checkout.aspx and/or /transaction.aspx to be prefixed with your new SSL URL. For example you would use the URL https://ssl-yourcompany.peoplevine.com/checkout.aspx.
In order for an SSL connection to work properly, you must ensure that any files you are linking to are located at an https:// path. Alternatively if you are using the PeopleVine CDN, our platform will automatically update the files accordingly.